The Dying and Bereavement Interest Group has developed in response to the growing body of anthropological research and interest in this area of study. The scholars in this group see as its function the following:
- organize interest group meetings as the Annual AAA meetings
- organize and submit panels and other presentations at AAA and other professional association meetings
- networking, mentoring and collaboration to support research and publication
- communication (notices of conferences, workshops, grants, etc.)
- publicize anthropologists’ work on dying and bereavement to members of the public, the media, and scholars and practitioners from other disciplines
- connect to other committees that share the same research interests
PLEASE SEE POSTS BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES.