This year the Dying and Bereavement Interest Group of the Society of Medical Anthropology will award two paper prizes for research in the areas of death, bereavement, mortuary practices, memorialization and/or related rituals.
The Emerging Scholars Paper Award is for undergraduate, graduate students seeking an MA, students in-between a BA and MA program, as well as students who have already obtained their MA. The Doctoral Student Paper Award is for doctoral students and candidates. Awards will be bestowed at the AAA annual meeting and will be accompanied by a $100 prize for each paper.
- Papers may be theoretical and/or empirical but should show strong anthropological grounding.
- Papers must be unpublished.
- A cover page must be attached with the author’s name, address, phone number, email address, institution, department and program (BA, MA, PhD) or specify independent scholar
- Papers should not exceed 20 pages double-spaced pages in length (~5,000 words) with 12 point font
- Online paper submission due: June 1, 2018 to Dr. Margaret Souza at Margaret.Souza@esc.edu. Late submissions will not be accepted.